About International Emissions trading Association (IETA):
The International Emissions Trading Association (IETA) is a nonprofit business organization founded in June 1999 with a view to establish a functioning international framework for the development of emissions trading in greenhouse gas emission reductions.
There are leading international companies which are involved in carbon trading cycle. IETA members endeavor to develop an emissions trading system which generates real and verifiable greenhouse gas emission reductions, while achieving a balance between economic efficiency and environmental integrity and social equity.
Objectives of IETA:
- Development of an active, global greenhouse gas emissions market, consistent across national boundaries, and exploring any future international market mechanisms,
- Creation of systems and instruments that will ensure effective business participation,
- Acting as the pioneer organization in the business community in respect to emissions trading,
- Promotion of a common view of the emissions trading system as a tool in the fight against climate change,
- Participation in the design and implementation of national and international rules and guidelines, and
- Serving as the most up-to-date and credible source of information on emissions trading and greenhouse emissions market activity.
Please click on the link below for further information on the International Emissions Trading Association (IETA).
The Report focuses on the necessity for the development of cost-effective marked-based instruments which lead to reductions in the greenhouse gas emission, and prevent economic problems, so as to limit global warming to 2°C, which is a commitment undertaken in Paris Agreement. It underlines the indispensability of an international transfer system to disseminate this reduction globally.
The Survey addressed important subjects of greenhouse gas markets. While it analyzes the basic aspects of market sentiments, it also highlights the expectations of market participants in respect to future prices and policies. It provides a picture capturing market participants’ perceptions of the last 12 months and prospects for future. The survey was conducted on representatives of IETA members.